Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The spring in March

Well here I am. Back to normality again. I have done all I can do, at this moment, to finish my book. It's out there, hopefully with all the errors corrected, finally. I have set it free. It's now available for pre-order through Amazon, so there is no stopping this train. I know everyone wont like it, I have not written Hemingway people, this book is a fun, fictional, romp in R&R. I only hope to inspire a journey, a really LOUD journey, in a few of you.

So, with that in mind, after I have delivered every ounce of my soul to the press people, I can now relax at home and change my focus to the beautification of my yard, the final mixing of an album, and lots and lots of outdoor fun with my family.

I love this time of year, with all the longer days and blue skies. Makes me once again love living in southern California. Everything is in bloom, so that we are fooled into thinking that summer is around the corner... But hopefully we have a few more months of chilly nights because I really didn't get to enjoy much 'accessories/weather' clothes this year. I do love my coats and scarves.

So today, I am enjoying spring, and as the baby takes his afternoon nap, I am out poolside for the first time in well... lets say it's been too long.


It's not that I'm never outside, I'm out here every day, really... but like this, doing nothing but writing...It's been a while! My outdoor time has been consisting of playing basketball with my son, who has decided to become a pro basketball player, or the planting of new spring flowers, and pruning back the weeds. I feel like it is a spiritual thing that happens to all of us, every passing of the season.

We plant the seeds, and get rid of what's hanging around that we don't want. I enjoy gardening, the dirt, all the different wild flowers in their splendor, and sure, the sun feels good on my skin. Damn, I'm white.

I've decided that I need a bird house, because there are some beautiful yellow finches playing in my garden hose, or maybe a bird bath... am I past the century that it was un-cool to have a birdbath in their backyard? Something Gothic? Yes? Now I must begin to comb my favorite flea market next Sunday.


Whoop, there is the baby monitor. My time here is done. That was real fun... see you tomorrow, suntan.. Now it's time for my little dude to take over the park!!! Happy Spring to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment