Thursday, December 2, 2010

The first Page

Well it has started. The first page is done. I was waiting to finish the edits on the first novel in the series but I just couldn't wait any longer. Let me tell you something about myself. I hate stagnation. If I stand too long in one place I will go mad for sure. I love to move forward. I love movement all together. When I am in the middle of something I am at my happiest. The end is agonizing, the beginning bliss. So there lies the conundrum- should I wait to start the next book in a series until all the T's have been crossed and all the commas are in the right place of the first book... I think No. That can be done and will be done by my sweet loving editor, and I will make the changes necessary to fix what needs to be fixed but I had to move on. There is just too much to tell and my characters need to breath again, so yes the second book is under way and now I cannot stop it. I didn't really know how I wanted it to begin but that is the most wonderful thing about telling a story that wants to be told, it just happens. Of course I have an outline, I have ideas and notes of things that have to be included, but once that blank page is in front of you, it is only then that your heart takes over your hands, that the magic of creation can truly begin. So here I am in bliss once again as the story unfolds...

No comments:

Post a Comment