Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grow baby grow





It's happening... that special time when the weather begins to turn warmer, the flowers begin to bloom, and I wish I had my pool heated because I am so ready to jump in. I love this time of year, because I begin to spend large amounts of time outside, reaping the fruits of my labors of love from the past year, plus get that tan I have been missing all winter long.

I am happy to say I have inherited a very green thumb, and I get a massive thrill planting exotic wildflowers and succulents together just to see what will happen in the spring. Well, this year I have succeeded... and the combinations of colors, shapes and forms are so appealing to my eyes.




Exactly eleven days ago I planted my sunflowers, and as of yesterday I can see the little sprouts of at least seven, maybe eight, giant sunflowers. I couldn't be more proud. Last year I planted them too, and they grew taller than I... actually, I was gearing the birth of my son around one of them, and sure enough, as soon as his sunny face was looking down upon me, my water broke. Sunflowers are a sign of joy and happiness to me, so to see my little tadpoles emerge, it is a sure victory for my summer.




My husband and I put in a garden every year, and we are doing our best at teaching our nine month old son, the joys of gardening. He helped us plant all the corn, beets, broccoli, peppers, artichokes, tomatoes and cucumbers... he did pull a couple of them right back out of the earth, and I pray for their speedy recovery, but I had to let him do it- he was having such a good time.



Art imitates life... and as I finish planting the last seed, we are singing the last of the vocal scratch tracks of the twelfth song, for our upcoming album 'The Lovers'.
Half the songs are all ready at the drummers door, and we will begin the recording process just as my sunflowers are a few inches high. I think this year I will gear our album progress with my sunflowers... yes, that seems about right. While they grow taller and stronger, we will add bass, violin, mandolin and cello, and when the first flower face emerges we will be adding piano, lead guitars and vocals. Finally, when the seeds arrive to freckle the face of my sunflowers, and they are smiling down from over our heads, we will be finished with the mixing and our album will be born.

Grow baby grow. It's gonna be a great summer.

1 comment:

  1. Why does that cat look so pissed off? Post more garden pics please!

    ReplyDelete