Thursday, November 25, 2010

Who needs Turkey?


I have never been so happy to be a vegetarian than on Thanksgiving. Everyone seems to base this wonderful glutinous holiday around carving a corpse. I really cannot preach to anyone, I have only been a veg for 5 years now but it has made such a wonderful difference in my life. I finally feel like I am becoming the person I always wished I would be, and growing up on the Oregon coast with a hunter/fisherman enthusiast as a father- I had the steaks stacked against me. When I told my father I was going to become a vegetarian he scowled at me and said "You have been on the sidewalk for too long". Sure, everyone I know back home eats meat and posts photos of their yearly kill lovingly on their facebook page. I get it, I totally understand- and really there is nothing right or wrong about it, but I have made the decision not to do it and that makes me happy.
Believe me, we eat good on Thanksgiving- my husband is passed out cold in a food coma on the sofa as I type this sentence but we didn't harm any animals doing it. I am sure I will piss off a few people with this blog post but fuck it, it is my blog and if you don't like it, don't read it. So anyways I didn't really have a reason for this post I just wanted to actually give my kudos to the product 'Tofurkey', who have made an exceptional product and I cannot believe how tasty and delicious it is... I just started typing and well that is what came out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment